FUN IN THE SAND!
Truck Loads Of Clean Sand
TEAMWORK IS A MUST!
Gutterz Fun Center | Holdrege, Nebraska
There Is No "I" In Team
Volleyball is a team sport in which the goal is to keep the ball from touching the ground while it is on your side of the net, but to end the rally by putting the ball down on the ground in the sand on your opponent’s side of the net. Your team must work together as a team to succeed.
You can score points in the game of volleyball in one of two ways. First, putting the ball on the ground in-bounds on your opponent's side of the net. Second, an error ( forced or unforced ) by your opponent which renders them unable to return the ball over the net and in-bounds on your side in their allotted three contacts.
You can play volleyball in teams with anywhere between two and six players.
The game begins with one team serving the ball to the other. Each time the ball crosses over the net, a team gets three contacts before they must send the ball back to the opponent's side. The most popular strategy is for your three contacts to be a dig, set and hit, but it can be three passes or any combination of contacts as long as they are legal. The volley continues until the ball hits the ground or a rule is broken.
- Dig is an underarm pass made with the forearms.
- Set is an overhead pass made with the hands.
- Hit a.k.a. Spike, is the overhead attacking shot.
Breaking The Rules
- Coming into contact with the net while making a play on the ball.
- Performing a carry on the ball. Other names for this activity are catch, lift or throw.
- Contacting the ball more than three times on a side. Blocks do not count as a contact.
- Performing a "foot-fault". Meaning you stepped on the back line while serving the ball.
- Playing the ball over the net outside of the antennas.
- Contacting the ball twice in a row, unless the first contact was a block.
How To Win A Match
Prior to beginning, an agreed number of points is set. First team to score the agreed number of points wins the game. You must win by at least two points. The teams switch sides, the next game starts with a score of 0-0 and play starts again. In a best-of-five match, the team who wins three sets wins the match.